Last Saturday, July 20th, I participate in a the 10k in 24 hour word writing challenge.
I read about from this blog, https://abookhavenx.wordpress.com/2019/07/15/write-10k-in-a-day/
I did not get 10 k, but I got 5,845 words on my thriller novel trilogy. I am almost finished with book, the first draft of the thriller trilogy and I got caught up with my Camp Nanowrimo word count.
I had been fighting depression and home issues, so I was behind. I think because of that challenge will get my goal 30k word count this month.
Its 23 and I have about seven days. . . my two goals are reaching my 30,000 word count and finishing my novel.
I really think I can do this and when I do I redye my hair purple again. Yay.
So far up to date I have 242,413 words written. It averages 1,939 words per day. (My goal is 2,000 words per day and I’m pretty close.)
At this rate if I keep up writing at 1,939 words per day I will be at 707,735 words by the end of the year. (My yearly goal is 750,000 words this year.)
This includes. . . (by not limited to)
- Emails/chatting(especially storytelling)
Note: I try to write everyday even if its just notes, diary entries or lists. However there are some days when I’m just too weak to write. I do try my best to make it up.
So my sleep schedule is off. . . it is now 3 am in the morning.
I was scanning my facebook main page. . . as one of my many distraction as lately.
There was a post to share the link of your first published book.
Here’s my link. . .
The Whispering Path. (2011)
It was even under my old pen name Rebekah Wolveire
It hit me . . . I know I need to reedit and rewrite (after eight years of learning of the writing career and how to better your novels and such etc). I plan to write and reedit this book and make an e-book this summer.
So this is what happens to me at 3 am in the morning.
So please look for The Whispering Path in the Summer of 2019. (As long as I do not get distracted.)
In 2018 I did the following. . .
- Written over 200 blogs
- Written over 500,000 words (552, 946 words to be exact)
- My computer was down most of the year, so I wrote most of my novels by hand and used tablets for my blogs.
- I wrote entire diary
- Acoomplished by Camp NaNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo in Novmeber (with gout)
In 2019, I want to. . .
- I want something published.
- Write 12 fanfiction stories (https://www.fanfiction.net/~rebekahwriter13/ )
- Write 12 Short stories for Wattpadd (https://www.wattpad.com/user/RebekahQuinne )
- Write 300 blogs this year (Links to my blogs here: https://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/2018/09/04/links-to-my-pages-4/ )
- Finish these several projects
- Crimson Shadow Collection: Book 2:Daris
- Driving Lies Book 3 Typed
- Driving Lies Books 1-3 Edit
Writing is my number 1 passion. I write short stories, poems, novels, and blogs. Genres I’m interested in are but not limited to . . . Horror, paranormal, occult, spiritual, romance, modern, suspense, thriller and drama. (I have worked with some erotica, but with another pen name.)
These are the links to all of Internet me (but the naughty part)
My WordPress blogs
Every year in Nanowrimo forums they always ask you what is your survival list. . . Things you need to get through the month of writing your Camp Nanowrimo project.
- Character sketches
Most of this is my notebooks
- Colorful pens
- Tyneol (between hand cramps and headache)
- Empty notebooks
- Backpack (so I can take my writing every where I go.)
As I am writing 30,000 words by hand
- Calendar (for word count and appointment)
- Coffee with my creamer
- Caffeinated soda (I write weird hours)
- Candy or a treat (word sprints can wear you out)
- Timer or clock for word sprints
- Mom to go on walks with. . . (Too much writing can strain my eyes)
I’m keeping it simple this year.
- Word count by December 31, 2018 (400,000 note: up to date I’m at 160,788 just 240,212 to go.)
Finish “Driving Lies“
- Work on getting a daily word count of 3000
- Work on wattpad account https://www.wattpad.com/user/RebekahQuinne
- Write more short stories http://rqshortstories.wordpress.com
- Publish something
- Work on personal project
- Enter a few writing contests
- Post up to 200 blogs this year (among all my blogs)
Succeed in camp Nanowrimo April 30k
- Succeed in camp Nanowrimo July 30k
- Succeed in Nanowrimo November 50k
Note: 30k and 50k are preferring to thousands in word count.