It’s always happen this way . . . it’s 4am in the morning and my brain and my muses will NOT wine down.
It can be any other day when I am not doing anything and they do not want to work either.
However when I have to get up and go to do errands.
My brain just keep going and going. . . . So many thoughts.
- Will I ever finish my book if my computer keeps corrupting my files? (Grrr)
- Why does overheating cause my files to corrupt? (I just do not know why those would even be related. I’m so flustered that I put over a week of work only for it to go to a black screen just at the last line. . . just before I hit save. GRRRR. (I lose a week worth of word count just about 8,000 words, my computer over heated and entire chapter got corrupted. . . GRRRRR)
- Am I really talented or am I wasting time? (I am torn with this, but then again hours of writing with coffee, soda or tea in my travel mug. . . is my currently bliss. I just would love to be famous or at least Very well known for my written work. I want to be the author if Stephen King and Anne Rice had a kid together. . . I know it sounds weird, but I love both author’s works. I already have three people within the week that are interested in my driving thriller. )
- Do NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo really help? (I mean I push myself for that month to get words in my books, but are they that good? Do I really need to push my novel in so many weeks like Stephen King does? I mean he already has several publisher. . . Why am I even asking myself those questions? It’s my damn anxiety and depression monsters trying to think they are logical, but they are just trying to keep me down so that they get more powerful. Grrrr)
- Why do I keep getting hit on by guys 50 or older? (I feel like I am the good kid that parents all liked a bit too much.) (It would be really weird the guys 20 years older than me look at me like a healthy sexual being.) Age is a thing to me. . . I would like someone closer to my age. There is a difference between 10 years, defiantly between 20 years. (I mean back when my uncle went to school they had a smoking lounge. Matters, slang, how people look at things all change with time. I have not found anyone 10 years and older that truly understand me.)
- Why can’t I play Words with Friends (WWF) without getting guys 50 plus who have kids and instantly think I want to fill the void of their dead wife? (I do not want to be a replacement “mommy” while my own body will not allow me to make my own, and the guy my father’s age is having a secret affair with his secretary. I just want to play a game of scramble and beat my highest score of 437. I use words with friends and word scape to keep my brain fresh for my writing and reading skills.)
- Will I get ever get professionally published? (This does not be self-published to be lost in the amazon.com sea of so-so books. I mean to find a real publisher, agent, and editor on my team to help me sell and promote my book while they have me go from book store to book store signing books while everyone want to know what will happen next in my vampire and ghost series. I need a real publisher and editor. . . I am so overwhelmed. )
- Will I get a better place and have bigger desk, nicer pc, and cat? (I also want a kitchen, bath tub, and my own recliner. When will this happen?)
It’s almost 5 am. . . I think I need to sleep now. . . hopefully dreaming of publishing and getting a nicer place.
I have written several type of genres. My muses take me in all kind of directions. . .
However my first love in writing is horror: paranormal. I enjoyed being scared. It makes your heart pump faster, the adrenaline runs through your veins, and when you come out of it, you are very grateful to be truly alive.
I was going through my active twitter www.twitter.com/rebekah1213 and I found one of my favorite admirable celebrities www.twitter.com.com/Michaelrosenbum and he was mentioning horror movies. Paraphrasing he feels a horror movie should scare, entertain or be fun. (Note: I think the “fun” scary movies should have their own topic.)
I feel there needs to be a good paranormal story (give me some good history), and true scare factor (I want to scream and jump).
It would be an excellent movie if I can NOT predict the next moves. I want a movie that does NOT have the clichés in it.
(Note: I am not a huge slasher fan.)
Movies on his list I agree with
- Pet Cemetery
- The Shinning
- Candy Man
- The Amityville Horror
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- Child’s Play
- The Omen
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 (I freaked out with 2 as well)
- 30 days of Night
- Silence of the Lambs
Movies that really scare me (Not on his list)
- The Storm of the Century
- Night of the Living Dead
- The Saw series
- Hostel 1 and 2 (Can you believe people can do that?)
- The Wrong Turn (Most of them )
- The Farm House
Movies with scary elements (There are problems with story or it’s just not scary enough all of the way through)
- Interview with a Vampire (To me it was a bit more tame than my vampires)
- Urban Legends
- Ghost Ship
- Rose Red (I really liked the story)
- 1408 (Short Story was awesome)
- HousehhHouse of Wax
- Split ( I needed more story with each personality)
Note: There was a contest for Independent horror called the 8 of 8 . . . the top 8 would be shown at a horror movie festival. There were some of those that were pretty good for independent.
I’m still waiting for that ultimate scary movie: awesome story line, avoid clichés, and unpredictable scary movie. Please make me jump and scream in my seat. I want to hold my seat and be afraid to look at the windows or answer my door. (Yes, it’s all in my head, but sometimes simply being scared is just fun.)
I have decided that I have not read enough this past year. I know as a writer, you need to read. You need to know what those in your genre are doing, so you can know what sells and what doesn’t.
I am reading this month
“Misery” by Stephen King
“The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins
“The Vampire Armand” by Anne Rice
I am also beta reading/ reviewing
“Journey” by Diane Nebelung
“Blackbeard’s Daughter” by Diana Strenka
I think that if I manage to get through 5 books, that would be a good think for me. I have some many other books that I want to read. I hope to add another three in September, and I want, at least, two more in October. November is dedicated to my 50,000 words.
When I was a kid, I used to love the show Reading Rainbow. . . I am going doing a version of it today. . . but for adult books.
I have been reading as well as working on several of my vampire pieces.
I am reading the paperback cover of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
I am a paranormal, horror, occult writer. . . popular authors that I am into are Anne Rice and Stephen King.
I also highly suggest. . .
Dani Hoots I love her world of vampires.
Lucian Wilde. I even participated in his novel “The Wishing Well”
“The Fool’s Journey” by Kristina M Jackson