I completed Camp Nanowrimo July 2018 with the word count 30,691.
I swear as soon as I just barely got pass 30,000 words . . . it was like my muses stopped. I hit a writing brick wall.
I can write a few blogs, but its like muses saw the up hill hike for part 2 and all said “hell no!” LOL.
I am grateful that I finished part one, and I wrote over 30,000 words by hand.
However even my desk lamp broke, so next month it will be more blogs.
Writing is my Nirvana, but editing is work.
I can hand write or type anywhere I am inspired. As I’ve said before, when I write is when I am most content.
I’m a storyteller and creator. I’m an artist with words. When inspired, writing just comes easy to me, it flows.
Editing is work.
I have a bad habit of not seeing my own mistakes until weeks, months later. . .
With editing I break down scenes, make goals and give myself rewards.
- I edit best between hours of 7 am and noon but only if I had good sleep the night before.
- I have to be in the right mood and mind set.
- Most of muses don’t even like to correct or edit.
I have to give myself rewards for editing because its work. I sometime look more forward to the reward than the work. I also overwork in 90% of my work, so I usually have to cut, and I hate to cut scene.
I hope that I get my computer working soon. (I need another new cord and new fan. Sigh.)
I want to get my work finished soon.
It seems every time I give myself writing goals something always happens. . .
First nanowrimo I got two weeks of migraines
Whenever I give myself a personal goal, I’ve had . . .
- family issues
- mental break down (unrelated to writing)
- I was in a car accident
- Hand cramps
- Sleep issues
- Female issues
However I always seem to manage to get my main word count in. It is what I want. . .
This month not any different, I have my anemia (from endomentrial hyplasya I know I didn’t spell that right, its a fancy term for very heavy female periods) mixed with my sleep apnea. I slept the last 40 hours out of 48 hours. I can’t think straight or get my process muses. They are sleepy too.
I need to stop giving myself personal goals and simply write.
I’m taking today off to see if I get my mind to work on its own. I’m over 17,900 words, so I’m very ahead.
I’m tired. It’s sleep time.
Every year in Nanowrimo forums they always ask you what is your survival list. . . Things you need to get through the month of writing your Camp Nanowrimo project.
- Character sketches
Most of this is my notebooks
- Colorful pens
- Tyneol (between hand cramps and headache)
- Empty notebooks
- Backpack (so I can take my writing every where I go.)
As I am writing 30,000 words by hand
- Calendar (for word count and appointment)
- Coffee with my creamer
- Caffeinated soda (I write weird hours)
- Candy or a treat (word sprints can wear you out)
- Timer or clock for word sprints
- Mom to go on walks with. . . (Too much writing can strain my eyes)
I’m keeping it simple this year.
- Word count by December 31, 2018 (400,000 note: up to date I’m at 160,788 just 240,212 to go.)
Finish “Driving Lies“
- Work on getting a daily word count of 3000
- Work on wattpad account https://www.wattpad.com/user/RebekahQuinne
- Write more short stories http://rqshortstories.wordpress.com
- Publish something
- Work on personal project
- Enter a few writing contests
- Post up to 200 blogs this year (among all my blogs)
Succeed in camp Nanowrimo April 30k
- Succeed in camp Nanowrimo July 30k
- Succeed in Nanowrimo November 50k
Note: 30k and 50k are preferring to thousands in word count.
I plan to continue my writing project from Camp Nanowrimo July 2017.
I’m giving myself the goal of 30,000 words in 30 days. I did it in April. I can do it again.
I have to reread my previous work, notes, and outlines. I know my characters too well.
If this project goes the way I want. . . I will have a short story project for 50,000 wod goal for Nanowrimo in November.
I’m writing an adult piece since most of my muses keep pushing that way.
I working on the title.
I plan to publish but not under this pen name.
My goal is 30,000 word by April 30th which is 1,000 per day. Its a reasonable goal with my health.
I’m writing my colored notes and outline now.
Good luck to my fellow writers.