Writing Goals for 2017
- I want to write 1 to 4 hour (averaging at 2.5).
- I want to give myself 3 to 10 (20 minutes) word sprints daily (averaging 5)
- I want to finish old projects.
- I want to work on some new project ideas.
- I want to explore new genres.
- I want to get some short stories published.
- I want to write 200 blogs (over all of my blogs)
- I want to write about my depression and anxiety.
- I want to enter some contests. (Including Camp NaNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo)
- I know I NEED to edit several projects.
- I just want to write something everyday.
- I want to write more books reviews.
- I want to read more. (2 books a month.)
New Project Ideas
- Adult works
- Blog Prompts
- Story Prompts
- Writing Tips
- Anxiety and depression ideas
- Diabetes project
- Character video project
Projects that I need to Finish
- Love Need Time (rewrite novel idea)
- Hero project (comic idea)
- DWAG (online soap opera)
- College story
- Driving Lies part 3
Projects I need to edit
- The Whisper Path
- Darken Cake
- Many short stories
- Driving Lies Parts 1 & 2
Encouragement for writing
I can in encourage others very well. I am a good fluffy cheerleader. However I am horrible at encouraging myself. I am writing this for myself and others.
Writing is about having fun. You should be enjoying what you are doing. You may not enjoy all aspects of writing, but you like something about it . . . if so then why are you doing it?
Do NOT let others discourage you!
- Writing is not a fad or fetish.
- You do NOT write too much.
- It is NOT a stupid hobby.
If you have error simply correct it. We are only human.
- Think of it this way, even the most harsh, bitter critics secretly want to help.
- Do not take criticism so personally.
- If you make a mistake, then fix it.
- Not everyone with like your work.
- The brain is a muscle you must exercise it to keep it running.
- Prompts are good.
- Draft #1 is not perfection.
- Some authors edit dozens of times before it gets in the publishers hands.
- Write short stories, poetry, blogs. . . just keep writing.
Books are your friend.
- Read as much as you can.
- Read books in the genre your writing.
The writing process is a journey.
- Some may be a head of you. Some may behind you.
- Just because someone else has a book or ten published, it does not mean your book is any less or that you are too slow.
Focus on your own work.
- There are many distractions out there.
- There are many discouraging things.
- Stay focused. YOU CAN DO IT!
In order not to get overwhelmed divide your book into small goals.
- So many words per week
- Or a chapter per ten days.
- Remember NOT everyone will enjoy your work.
Focus on the story you want to tell.
Version A is for you. Version B is for everyone else.
Now tell yourself.
- I am a writer.
- I enjoy what I do.
- I write because I have story to tell.
- I write, because I have fun.
- I will become better with practice.
- I will give myself goals.
- I will achieve those goals.
- I can write a book.
2016 was a very challenging year. I felt really stuck and trapped this year, so I really didn’t feel I accomplished that much. I mean I didn’t even finish a book: writing or reading. However I have learned a lot about myself.
Things I accomplished in 2016.
- I wrote over 50 blogs in this page. (140 blogs throughout all of my pages).Links to my other blogs
- I have at least 15 followers. ( I hope I have entertained and help some follow writers. I also to get more this year.)
- I written over 225,000 words ( I know not quite the goal of 500,000, but not bad with all I have gone through.)
- I started Book 2 in my vampire series. (However due to some emotional issues; it is on the back burner for a while.)
- I have written two diaries this year.
Things I have learned in 2016
- I have figured out some of my muses. https://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/introduction-my-muses/
- I realized that winning NaNoWriMo doesn’t stop the world. It isn’t everything. (Bit does feel good when I win. I’m sad because they don’t work with http://www.createspace.com anymore.)
- I write really well in chaos, especially while visiting in the hospital. (I’m even there now.)
- I write way more than I edit.
- I am more of an adder than a cutter when it comes to words.
- I can not write well around who don’t support it.
- I was suggested to put my paranormal/horror/occult genres aside for a while. . . (until I figure the source of my depression and anxiety.)
- I will still write even though many people think I write too much.
- I give myself much more ambitious goals than I can achieve. (for example: write 500,000 words.) I plan to push it down to 300,000 words in 2017.
- It has been a very emotional year for my muses and I.
- I was easily distracted this year.
- I rather edit than clean.
- I need to realize that writing is for me. It is a good expression of therapy for me.
- I had a therapy book and/or release book before I started therapy.
- The people I looked up to were the ones who seem to criticize when I wrote a lot.
I love to have fun and be a kid at heart, but that is not paying the bills.
I like to think that I am pretty professional on this blog.
I try to use my experience and links I find to help others.
I hope to be encouraging and give other effective tips.
However my audience isn’t that big.
I am not sure how much of difference I am making.
I hope to improve that in 2017.
I also hope to get something published next year.
I seem to give myself goals and yet I get discouraged and dishearten from it and usually fall short.
I refuse to fall short of my goals next year.
I am going to try to take myself and my writings more seriously.
2017 is going to be my year!
Dear Creative Santa,
I have tried to be a good writer (minus a few discouraging people and distractions). I tried to write something every day. I try to keep my brain working.
I ask for several things this year.
- Motivation . . . I need to get some willpower and write. (Even when I have writer’s block.)
- Inspiration . . . please let me see the world in a new light.
- 300,000 word count. I know I gave myself too high of goal in 2016, but may 2017 be a productive year.
I would also like to be published this year, but I am just taking things one at a time.
Thank you for everything I have experienced this year, and maybe I could use it in a story or two.
Enjoy the cookies.
From a Hopeful, Soon to be published Writer
If you are on Facebook, like my page. . . just click here: Rebekah Quinne
I keep updates of what is doing on in my life. I also add links to this page.