They are those who don’t usually read or write very much unless they have too. They avoid it like a plague, and they have no idea why writers and readers enjoy it so much.
They don’t understand why you are writing so much. . . the list is really endless. . .
- You love to tell a good story
- You feel connected to your character
- You have a talent for words
- You feel you need to write as much as you need to breath
- The list goes on
They feel writers sometimes make no sense and are in a book or the computer way too long. It’s like an artist trying to explain a Picasso painting to a chest player who only see logical strategies and numbers.
A writer sees the world in a different way than those non-writers. They see the world as a story to be told or idea to be expressed. They are an artist with words as their paint.
Not all Non-writers, are non-supporters, but some just cannot relate. I have been asked “How can you sit the computer so long?” or “You really just wrote 2,500 words in the last three hours, how?”
I can sit at my computer and type and write and read like a video gamer can sit in from the TV or computer screen and play for hours at a time.
What gets me when is when a non-supporters: non-writer is completely against writing/reading.
The ones that put me down: with gut-punching quotes. . .
- “You write or read too much.”
- “It’s not steady or stable.”
- “You are NOT out doing something. . .”
- “You are wasting time on the computer.”
- “Why aren’t you living your life?”
- “Have you gotten a REAL job yet?”
- “Why are you ignoring everyone?”
- “You really think you are going to make a lot of money doing that?”
They kind of mix in with questioners.
Remember a novel does NOT get finished in one night. It takes time and dedication. It’s a lot of work to write, edit, rewrite, and edit. . . that is even before getting it in a publisher’s hands.
Most writer’s do NOT make millions and do NOT become super famous over night either. They should have some kind of support, because it hard to get out there.