Last Saturday, July 20th, I participate in a the 10k in 24 hour word writing challenge.
I read about from this blog, https://abookhavenx.wordpress.com/2019/07/15/write-10k-in-a-day/
I did not get 10 k, but I got 5,845 words on my thriller novel trilogy. I am almost finished with book, the first draft of the thriller trilogy and I got caught up with my Camp Nanowrimo word count.
I had been fighting depression and home issues, so I was behind. I think because of that challenge will get my goal 30k word count this month.
Its 23 and I have about seven days. . . my two goals are reaching my 30,000 word count and finishing my novel.
I really think I can do this and when I do I redye my hair purple again. Yay.
My current blog count (up to September) is 158. Just 42 blogs to go.
- Personal blogs 65 beckyms1213
- Fun blogs (Celebrity inspired or fan fiction) 2 rebekah1213
- Writing blogs 44 Rebekah Quinne
- Spiritual blogs 16 Spiritualbeck
- Short stories 31 rqshortstories
(Note links to the other blogs is at the bottom of the page)
This is really close to the 200 blog goal I have given to myself this year.
Year goals https://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/2018/01/07/what-i-want-in-2018/
More writing Goals
I’m in 275,817 words (As of September) of my 400,000 word count goal this year. Just 124, 183 words to go. Yay. Since June I wrote 115, 089 words. Busy Summer, I hope for a busier fall (writing wise).
The Links to my other blogs are . . . https://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/2018/09/04/links-to-my-pages-4/
I’m working several projects at the same time. I keep noticing that I keep typing the main character from project a in my project b.
I’m so glad I’m only working on draft one of both. There are so many scratches, and cross-outs.
I know it sounds weird but I have just half of chapter on project b before it’s finished. I’m so excited. I’m trying not to burn myself out. Endings always drive me crazy.
Random writing facts about me
- I feel I can never write too much.
- I can clean and cook, but I am not productive unless I am writing.
- I love to write lists, menus, grocery, to-do, idea etc.. It helps me to be organized and calm my anxiety.
- I’m picky about my co-writers and editors. I feared people will take my ideas.
- I feel accomplished when my pen runs out. Papermate pens run out fast. Bic pen take longer and they are a big accomplishment.
- I love writing by hand. Pen and paper do not electricity.
- I need to read more.
- I have at least five projects in my head.
- I fight my depression and my exhaustion vs my productive writing.
- I currently have at least four active blogs, and several inactive older blogs. I will post links on another page.
- I write poetry, short stories, novellas, novels, and blogs.
- I love to write. It is who I am, a writer. I hope someday for a professional publisher to publish and sell my work.
- I am obsessed with number 13 and put it my writings often.
I am about to work on a project. . .in which I only have one more chapter to finish it.
It’s a thriller novella trilogy. I started it in 2009, so I probably should finish soon.
I need the tie everything together, and make the ending so big, it’s epic.
My muses already have add on, but I need to finish it before the editing: adding, subtracting, and rewrites.
Chuck from the show Supernatural said “Endings are hard.”
I hate endings and I saying “good bye.”
I so much better at the beginning. However deadlines and pressure have always been the reason why I push the ending. I’m never happy doing it, it just has to be done.
It’s so much better than just stopping. . . Leaving everyone hanging. That is irrating.
My schedule for next few weeks.
- Reread the last few chapter.
- Outline main points and tying issues
- Work on last chapter
My goal is to have it finished by Feburary 28th. Driving Lies will be finished.
I miss my computer at a desk or computer in bright room. I have a hand written pile of writing getting bigger.
Right now I’m sitting in the dark room with bright tablet, straining my eyes. Its 3:48 am but I can`t sleep. I know I should be sleeping but I fell asleep at 7pm and woke up at 2am.
However I really want to blog.
Anyway lately, I have been hand writing everything. It’s better than a buzzing computer overheating or a blaring tablet. I’m working on a release book, handwritten.
- I know I need to get into my fictional projects.
- I have three screaming at me.
- My muses have been pushing the projects for me. . .
- I just keep stalling. I’m really not sure why.
- I know I have health issues, but I’ve pushed through.
- I know I’m about end one, but that is a blog of its own.
- I guess I am just distracted, and I can’t get out of my depressed slump.
However right now until 28th I’m trying to get everything out of my head. So I will be hand writing in color pens: a new color for each day repeated just twice.
I’m writing Short Stories.
I put my feelings in each one. These are flash fiction but very personal. In the last few year my heart and soul shattered, each of these pieces are my a piece of shattered heart and soul.
I hope to find myself and piece myself together.
I’m posting them on my Short Story blog. . .
Rebekah Quinne Short Stories
I don’t just feel useless and depressed, but now I’m starting to feel hopeless too.
I feel depressed over some mental (not writing is one of them, which makes me feel useless,) emotionally I’m lonely and even my therapy friends are too busy to listen, and my physical health issues.
A friend of mine who has always been very encouraging to me put down my writing. I know not everyone is going to like my work, but he didn’t just put down my writing, but my future hopes and dreams. (Thing is he didn’t base it on my talent, but my lack of connections.)
Writing is the number one thing to my happiness. It has been for years. Why would someone try to bash it?
What a way to start 2018.
The writing rush is the fact that you have so much of a novel or story ready in your head or outlined, but you are afraid to overwrite and burn out. (Most I’ve written in a day is 21,000 words. But I was down for two days later.)
I love when I write and then even when I put it down I want to get back to it. While I cook or clean, I think about when can I get the next chance to write again. It makes me excited the awake up the next day.
I will write so much and walk away leaving myself desiring more. I hate ending, because I lose that clingy feeling. It’s like a writing drug. . . My muses are excited, I’m excited. . . The only thing is if I leave a part in my head unwritten, my anxiety gets scared that I forgot about it. So I have written notes, mini outlines, and post it’s for the next day.
I have 15 days until November 1st I’m very excited.
Today was a good day.
I got half of chapter nine written, thanks to well noted outlines. I need to outline an extra scene for chapter nine, so I can finish chapter nine tomorrow.
I also got out and written notes, color coded notes for project 2 for my camp nanowrimo, titled The Broken Path.
Now I need to download my first book and review some pieces. I also made meatloaf for dinner. I hope I don’t over work myself