Last Saturday, July 20th, I participate in a the 10k in 24 hour word writing challenge.
I read about from this blog, https://abookhavenx.wordpress.com/2019/07/15/write-10k-in-a-day/
I did not get 10 k, but I got 5,845 words on my thriller novel trilogy. I am almost finished with book, the first draft of the thriller trilogy and I got caught up with my Camp Nanowrimo word count.
I had been fighting depression and home issues, so I was behind. I think because of that challenge will get my goal 30k word count this month.
Its 23 and I have about seven days. . . my two goals are reaching my 30,000 word count and finishing my novel.
I really think I can do this and when I do I redye my hair purple again. Yay.
I have been dealing with anxiety and depression, and it has been very hard on my body and mind. This means my writing has been suffering.
I have changed my project from Family project to short stories. . . If an idea inspires me, then I write it down. Then I just accumulate the word count of each story. I might post some on my flash fiction blog. . . http://rqshortstories.wordpress.com
I am also not pushing myself. (I had one break down and lost entire weekend to depression, reoccurring mono and sleep.)
I gave myself 30,000 words as a goal. If I make it, awesome. If I do not make it, then I can try again in November.
I hope just get some decent stories written, at this point word count is as it is.
I am writing in Camp NaNoWriMo this month.
I gave myself the goal of 30,000 words.
I am working on a nonfiction piece of family stories.
(However with my depression and anxiety, it may get changed.)
However I have to do everything by hand. My battery charger dropped and is now magnetic and is causing our other units from charging when they are pulled in. So I’m thinking of selling my laptop and getting another. Grrrr.
Camp is no hands on.
It’s always happen this way . . . it’s 4am in the morning and my brain and my muses will NOT wine down.
It can be any other day when I am not doing anything and they do not want to work either.
However when I have to get up and go to do errands.
My brain just keep going and going. . . . So many thoughts.
- Will I ever finish my book if my computer keeps corrupting my files? (Grrr)
- Why does overheating cause my files to corrupt? (I just do not know why those would even be related. I’m so flustered that I put over a week of work only for it to go to a black screen just at the last line. . . just before I hit save. GRRRR. (I lose a week worth of word count just about 8,000 words, my computer over heated and entire chapter got corrupted. . . GRRRRR)
- Am I really talented or am I wasting time? (I am torn with this, but then again hours of writing with coffee, soda or tea in my travel mug. . . is my currently bliss. I just would love to be famous or at least Very well known for my written work. I want to be the author if Stephen King and Anne Rice had a kid together. . . I know it sounds weird, but I love both author’s works. I already have three people within the week that are interested in my driving thriller. )
- Do NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo really help? (I mean I push myself for that month to get words in my books, but are they that good? Do I really need to push my novel in so many weeks like Stephen King does? I mean he already has several publisher. . . Why am I even asking myself those questions? It’s my damn anxiety and depression monsters trying to think they are logical, but they are just trying to keep me down so that they get more powerful. Grrrr)
- Why do I keep getting hit on by guys 50 or older? (I feel like I am the good kid that parents all liked a bit too much.) (It would be really weird the guys 20 years older than me look at me like a healthy sexual being.) Age is a thing to me. . . I would like someone closer to my age. There is a difference between 10 years, defiantly between 20 years. (I mean back when my uncle went to school they had a smoking lounge. Matters, slang, how people look at things all change with time. I have not found anyone 10 years and older that truly understand me.)
- Why can’t I play Words with Friends (WWF) without getting guys 50 plus who have kids and instantly think I want to fill the void of their dead wife? (I do not want to be a replacement “mommy” while my own body will not allow me to make my own, and the guy my father’s age is having a secret affair with his secretary. I just want to play a game of scramble and beat my highest score of 437. I use words with friends and word scape to keep my brain fresh for my writing and reading skills.)
- Will I get ever get professionally published? (This does not be self-published to be lost in the amazon.com sea of so-so books. I mean to find a real publisher, agent, and editor on my team to help me sell and promote my book while they have me go from book store to book store signing books while everyone want to know what will happen next in my vampire and ghost series. I need a real publisher and editor. . . I am so overwhelmed. )
- Will I get a better place and have bigger desk, nicer pc, and cat? (I also want a kitchen, bath tub, and my own recliner. When will this happen?)
It’s almost 5 am. . . I think I need to sleep now. . . hopefully dreaming of publishing and getting a nicer place.
I’m taking the day off as I wrote over 3500 word yesterday after I helped with laundry, went shopping, and cooked fried fish for dinner. I am at 25,149 words out of my goal of 35,000 with 9 more days to write. I really think I can make this goal. . . my bigger goal to myself is to get the book completed.
I’m excited as even my family wants to read my book.
Anyway, I play two word games to keep my brain fresh. . .
Wordscapes. Which is fun if I can get the bigger words first. . . . I usually only have one or two on a set that just fluster me.
Word With Friends (2) . . . I love a good game of boogle or scramble. However I keep getting way older guys trying to see scams or wives. I am just trying to workout my brain. I am not trying to get hit on by random guys. (Worst part I rarely find any guys my own age.)
So today we (my friend, brother and I) made three hams, sweet potatoes, baked beans, mashed potatoes, and bean soup. All we have to do is make plates for Easter dinner tomorrow, awesome. I will also post ham ideas on my food blog. . . https://cookingimprov.home.blog/
So tonight, I am relaxing with my word games and maybe a movie.
It is Day 15 and it is the half way point on Camp NaNoWriMo. I am at 20,688. I defiantly think I will get to my goal 35,000 this month.
I just finished Chapter 7. It’s just at the point where the “Bad Guy” is starting to lose his money and his luck. (Of course this book 3 of 3 Driving Lies trilogy.) I can’t wait to have the book ended and completely. I really enjoyed writing this story.
The irony of the story is that I created to try to face my fear of driving. However I think it just made more cautious about who fixes my friends’ and families’ cars.
However I have enjoyed writing a story with two different perspectives.
I hope to get edited and published soon.
I have several people already interested. I am so excited. I feel like a writer, an author! Chair Dance!
So far I am two days ahead in my writing. I’m 14,100 out of 35,000 (that is my word count goal)
I am currently working on my thriller and it is coming out so easy that today when it got cold, so cold my joints hurt. I took a break. I watched a movie called “Passengers” with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence. . . It was really good. It showed me that you can write your story anywhere. (You also need to make the best of the location that you’re in.)