- Internet which can be a list of distractions
- Facebook stuff
- Looking websites
(I can give myself internet time for reward for reaching a certain number count. Note: buy a timer or use a timer on tablet.)
(Writing sprints during commercials if show doesn’t re-air. If the show re-airs, then watch it later, write first.)
- Depression/anxiety/worry (write out feelings)
- Nightmare or dreams (twisted them into stories)
- Sleep issues (if you can focus write or write notes)
- Pelvic pain (see a doctor soon.)
- Hands: swollen/ painful joints (Writing sprints and take breaks)
- Errand (bring notebook for notes, scenes outlines etc.)
- Friends (notebooks or write before or after visit.)
Note: not I have possible fixes there are no excuses
I love to write. The feel of a good pen in my hands as it glides on the page. It invites the words, the color, the creativity.
However my hands have been swelling and cramping for weeks now. I tried water pills, but I sleep and they are swollen again. There are cramps as I write. Pushing down on my palm hurts, moving it too much hurts.
It hurts to hold a pen or a fork. It hurts to make a fist. These damn cramps. I probably have arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome.
I refuse to give up my writing. I felt due my ear issue, I had give up music. I’m not giving up my writing too.
Maybe I can get my computer fixed soon . . . So I can type more.
I’m going to the doctor soon.
I’m so excited that on Thursday night I finished my thriller novella trilogy called “Driving Lies.”
It’s been a working project since 2011. I started it on my third Nanowrimo.
It was based on a script I started in high school. I took the scenes I liked the best and retweaked them.
The last five chapters of book 3 are hand written as my laptop is down again. . . It’s like a lemon of a car. Sigh. Now my writing hand is swollen and sore. . . I probably have carpal tunnel syndrome.
So I’m giving myself a few days off for some major writing. I think I deserved it.
I’m excited and disappointed that it’s finished. . . At least draft one.
I know I will lots of editing and rewrites, but I feel like my favorite part of the process is done. Sighs.
Now to edit once a week, and a new project.
I just hope get it published and for the rest of the world to read by early next year. I hope they enjoy it.
I have to thank my muses for not shuttingbup or stopping even when I was in pain. I got so much accomplished.
Random writing facts about me
- I feel I can never write too much.
- I can clean and cook, but I am not productive unless I am writing.
- I love to write lists, menus, grocery, to-do, idea etc.. It helps me to be organized and calm my anxiety.
- I’m picky about my co-writers and editors. I feared people will take my ideas.
- I feel accomplished when my pen runs out. Papermate pens run out fast. Bic pen take longer and they are a big accomplishment.
- I love writing by hand. Pen and paper do not electricity.
- I need to read more.
- I have at least five projects in my head.
- I fight my depression and my exhaustion vs my productive writing.
- I currently have at least four active blogs, and several inactive older blogs. I will post links on another page.
- I write poetry, short stories, novellas, novels, and blogs.
- I love to write. It is who I am, a writer. I hope someday for a professional publisher to publish and sell my work.
- I am obsessed with number 13 and put it my writings often.
I am about to work on a project. . .in which I only have one more chapter to finish it.
It’s a thriller novella trilogy. I started it in 2009, so I probably should finish soon.
I need the tie everything together, and make the ending so big, it’s epic.
My muses already have add on, but I need to finish it before the editing: adding, subtracting, and rewrites.
Chuck from the show Supernatural said “Endings are hard.”
I hate endings and I saying “good bye.”
I so much better at the beginning. However deadlines and pressure have always been the reason why I push the ending. I’m never happy doing it, it just has to be done.
It’s so much better than just stopping. . . Leaving everyone hanging. That is irrating.
My schedule for next few weeks.
- Reread the last few chapter.
- Outline main points and tying issues
- Work on last chapter
My goal is to have it finished by Feburary 28th. Driving Lies will be finished.
I miss my computer at a desk or computer in bright room. I have a hand written pile of writing getting bigger.
Right now I’m sitting in the dark room with bright tablet, straining my eyes. Its 3:48 am but I can`t sleep. I know I should be sleeping but I fell asleep at 7pm and woke up at 2am.
However I really want to blog.
Anyway lately, I have been hand writing everything. It’s better than a buzzing computer overheating or a blaring tablet. I’m working on a release book, handwritten.
- I know I need to get into my fictional projects.
- I have three screaming at me.
- My muses have been pushing the projects for me. . .
- I just keep stalling. I’m really not sure why.
- I know I have health issues, but I’ve pushed through.
- I know I’m about end one, but that is a blog of its own.
- I guess I am just distracted, and I can’t get out of my depressed slump.
However right now until 28th I’m trying to get everything out of my head. So I will be hand writing in color pens: a new color for each day repeated just twice.
Lately, I have been getting inspiration between the hours of 1am and 7 am. So I get on the tablet or set up the tv table and write. Check out my Short Stories, I did get a few posted. . . My Short stories
- The more I try for a day schedule, the more my body seems to fight it.
- My heart burn issues wake me up and it sometimes feels like it is impossible to go back to sleep.
- Then my eyes strain with the glow of the screen because everyone else wants the lights off.
- I also have a dry cough that keeps me up all night. I feel like I’m choking but their is nothing there. . . Like I am choking on air.
- I’ve been fighting headaches so bad, they are migraines and I’m down for days at a time with nausea and extreme pain in the head and eyes.
- I’m also fighting hot flashes so bad, making my eyes and neck burn.
- My pelvic area, lower back, and thighs have random pain, and it is hard to be comfortable as I write.
- This has been fighting against me with getting quality writing.
I just want a decent writing schedule bit why is my health fighting me.