First of all, it’s been almost two weeks that I have no gone outside any more than ten feet from my door. So I really have cabin favor. . .
Secondly, I have been fighting a head cold (just sinuses, no fever), depression, and writer’s block. . . so I have been really out of it.
So I was surprised (which I shouldn’t have been). . . to find out that in April is Camp NaNoWriMo 2020 . . (https://www.nanowromo.org/ Nanowrimo and Camp Nanowrimo on the same site now). I’m Rebekah1213 on Camp NaNoWriMo.
So since I am feeling better, and I need to get back in to the writing groove for my sanity. . . I am trying to writing in Camp NaNoWriMo.
I am rebelling this time. . . I am working on multi projects. . . I’m calling the project writings of me. Each project has some element of me. . . Write on what I know and want right?
1. I have working on short stories in a different name. (A few know both Rebekah Quinne and my other pen name.)
2. I also working on a depression project. . . I’ve trying to face my depression creatively. . . It makes me feel like there is a war in my head, So why not write about it?
3. I thought about getting creative with this cabin fever and write fictional stories based on the changes that this virus has put on people.
However my goal is at least 30,000 words. This is simply 1,000 words per day. I can do that in my sleep.
I just hope, I have energy, and motivation to get through my writing. I miss writing and I feel unlike myself without it.
I just need to get back and writing and typing. I have been journaling a lot more for documentation of the virus and how I feel in a type of lock down. (Note: It’s not an extreme lock down, but it feels that way. . . only get out for emergency. . . it’s not an emergency.)
Anyway, I need to work on notes for Camp NaNoWriMo. . . keep you updated.
It’s November 22nd, and I have about just over 20k words written.
I know with my physical and mental health issues that I am not going to push 30k in less than ten days.
However I’m not taking this as a failure, but as lessons learned.
I have learned that when working with a friend, I have to reorganize my time better.
I also have realized even though my walks are good for me, and getting out is good for me, they both take energy that I would have used for my writing. I need to exercise, write, talk with friends for my mental health.
It is all about balance.
I also realized that this character, in book two, does not want his story told just yet. I’m thinking maybe even going out of straight storline tell the stories out of order.
I’m rereading Melzela, tweaking her and getting that book published.
I am also making December my month and ending 2019 for me. I declare by end of 2020, I will be a professional published author. I’m determined. (Note: I do have to thank several people for my confidence and hope on my work again. One of them is a really good friend of mine.)
I plan to work on writing and if I add it my Nanowrimo that is awesome, but just getting writing in.
I learned that it’s just good to get a story out, word count is not always tat important.
I haven’t written a lot blogs lately, I know but I have been working on two novels with a dear friend of mine.
I am determined to finish my second vampire novel in my vampire series for Nanowrimo this month.
It’s always happen this way . . . it’s 4am in the morning and my brain and my muses will NOT wine down.
It can be any other day when I am not doing anything and they do not want to work either.
However when I have to get up and go to do errands.
My brain just keep going and going. . . . So many thoughts.
- Will I ever finish my book if my computer keeps corrupting my files? (Grrr)
- Why does overheating cause my files to corrupt? (I just do not know why those would even be related. I’m so flustered that I put over a week of work only for it to go to a black screen just at the last line. . . just before I hit save. GRRRR. (I lose a week worth of word count just about 8,000 words, my computer over heated and entire chapter got corrupted. . . GRRRRR)
- Am I really talented or am I wasting time? (I am torn with this, but then again hours of writing with coffee, soda or tea in my travel mug. . . is my currently bliss. I just would love to be famous or at least Very well known for my written work. I want to be the author if Stephen King and Anne Rice had a kid together. . . I know it sounds weird, but I love both author’s works. I already have three people within the week that are interested in my driving thriller. )
- Do NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo really help? (I mean I push myself for that month to get words in my books, but are they that good? Do I really need to push my novel in so many weeks like Stephen King does? I mean he already has several publisher. . . Why am I even asking myself those questions? It’s my damn anxiety and depression monsters trying to think they are logical, but they are just trying to keep me down so that they get more powerful. Grrrr)
- Why do I keep getting hit on by guys 50 or older? (I feel like I am the good kid that parents all liked a bit too much.) (It would be really weird the guys 20 years older than me look at me like a healthy sexual being.) Age is a thing to me. . . I would like someone closer to my age. There is a difference between 10 years, defiantly between 20 years. (I mean back when my uncle went to school they had a smoking lounge. Matters, slang, how people look at things all change with time. I have not found anyone 10 years and older that truly understand me.)
- Why can’t I play Words with Friends (WWF) without getting guys 50 plus who have kids and instantly think I want to fill the void of their dead wife? (I do not want to be a replacement “mommy” while my own body will not allow me to make my own, and the guy my father’s age is having a secret affair with his secretary. I just want to play a game of scramble and beat my highest score of 437. I use words with friends and word scape to keep my brain fresh for my writing and reading skills.)
- Will I get ever get professionally published? (This does not be self-published to be lost in the amazon.com sea of so-so books. I mean to find a real publisher, agent, and editor on my team to help me sell and promote my book while they have me go from book store to book store signing books while everyone want to know what will happen next in my vampire and ghost series. I need a real publisher and editor. . . I am so overwhelmed. )
- Will I get a better place and have bigger desk, nicer pc, and cat? (I also want a kitchen, bath tub, and my own recliner. When will this happen?)
It’s almost 5 am. . . I think I need to sleep now. . . hopefully dreaming of publishing and getting a nicer place.
I’ve been dealing with wifi issues. . . so I have time to write and I have no focus, sigh.
My favorite time even now. . . just sitting in front of a screen and getting ready to type.
I loved the time when I was with my ex (may he rest in peace.) The four hours I have while he would sleep (while our sleep schedules were overlap). I would drink my soda or coffee and work on my writings. ( I especially loved it during NaNoWriMo time.)
I wish I could have those four hours by myself at least Monday thru Friday.
I just want to write each day for so many hours and have focus while I have that time. (Currently, I just try to plug myself in to my music and focus so that all those around disappear and I can simply focus on whatever story I am working on.)
It’s my happy time.
I don’t normally go into the spiritual element of writing, but as many of you has read, writing is my entire world.
I am spiritual and I have a spiritual blog to explain my ideas and gratefulness and such. (http://spiritualbeck.wordpress.com )
However there a few moments in which I see that my writing moments and spiritual moment cross paths. This is one of them . . .
I like to believe in higher beings, whether is Karma, Fate, God(s), Goddess (es). . . I believe that they know you’re path and purpose. (Yes, believe it or not EVERYONE HAS A PURPOSE and A STORY.) It’s very weird when I see that my writing is part of my spiritual path.
I love writing about ghosts, vampires, living vs dead etc. So I like to believe that even my writing will come back to haunt me like a good ghost story should.
I found pieces of my second vampire book. I have been writing this book off and on since 2014, and life has gotten in the way. However it is one of my main goals this year to have book two finished by Dec 31st 2019. My main character grew up in a Monastery . . . so I am dealing with a vampire who has been fighting a lot of morals. I feel like I am fighting with him, so I can easily get stuck, but I have pieces here and there so many I believe have the book in front of me, I just now need to put it together.
I wrote three parts in 2014 (probably during NaNoWriMo) and I’m now rereading it only see that my main character is going through similar issues that I am. . . I really feel it’s the fate putting my writing on my spiritual path for a reason.
I was going to be working on my Driving Lies, but plans changed now it will be Book 2 of my vampire series, Daris.
I’m just happy to be writing again, in my purest element.
In 2018 I did the following. . .
- Written over 200 blogs
- Written over 500,000 words (552, 946 words to be exact)
- My computer was down most of the year, so I wrote most of my novels by hand and used tablets for my blogs.
- I wrote entire diary
- Acoomplished by Camp NaNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo in Novmeber (with gout)
In 2019, I want to. . .
- I want something published.
- Write 12 fanfiction stories (https://www.fanfiction.net/~rebekahwriter13/ )
- Write 12 Short stories for Wattpadd (https://www.wattpad.com/user/RebekahQuinne )
- Write 300 blogs this year (Links to my blogs here: https://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/2018/09/04/links-to-my-pages-4/ )
- Finish these several projects
- Crimson Shadow Collection: Book 2:Daris
- Driving Lies Book 3 Typed
- Driving Lies Books 1-3 Edit