September 2017 to do list
- Help mom with a professional letter for a grant
- Finish reading “Greg” by James
- Finish my novella trilogy Driving Lies
- Finish part 1 therapy story The Broken Path part 1 ghost stories
- 3 erotica short stories
- Work on unicorn story online and character sketches
- Write 3 personal blogs per week http://beckyms1213blog.wordpress.com
- Write one spiritual blog per week http://spiritualbeck.wordpress.com
- One to Two writing blogs per week. (posted here)
- Work on fantasy football team
Finish my catfish story
Writing Goals for 2017
- I want to write 1 to 4 hour (averaging at 2.5).
- I want to give myself 3 to 10 (20 minutes) word sprints daily (averaging 5)
- I want to finish old projects.
- I want to work on some new project ideas.
- I want to explore new genres.
- I want to get some short stories published.
- I want to write 200 blogs (over all of my blogs)
- I want to write about my depression and anxiety.
- I want to enter some contests. (Including Camp NaNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo)
- I know I NEED to edit several projects.
- I just want to write something everyday.
- I want to write more books reviews.
- I want to read more. (2 books a month.)
New Project Ideas
- Adult works
- Blog Prompts
- Story Prompts
- Writing Tips
- Anxiety and depression ideas
- Diabetes project
- Character video project
Projects that I need to Finish
- Love Need Time (rewrite novel idea)
- Hero project (comic idea)
- DWAG (online soap opera)
- College story
- Driving Lies part 3
Projects I need to edit
- The Whisper Path
- Darken Cake
- Many short stories
- Driving Lies Parts 1 & 2
Dear Creative Santa,
I have tried to be a good writer (minus a few discouraging people and distractions). I tried to write something every day. I try to keep my brain working.
I ask for several things this year.
- Motivation . . . I need to get some willpower and write. (Even when I have writer’s block.)
- Inspiration . . . please let me see the world in a new light.
- 300,000 word count. I know I gave myself too high of goal in 2016, but may 2017 be a productive year.
I would also like to be published this year, but I am just taking things one at a time.
Thank you for everything I have experienced this year, and maybe I could use it in a story or two.
Enjoy the cookies.
From a Hopeful, Soon to be published Writer
I posted two previous blogs giving myself goals. . . I am giving myself a progress report.
I really do not know how many hours I have written. I do know that some days I wrote more and other days I am picking at my writing. Honestly, if I have to guess at my hours of writing this month it would between 25 to 33 hours of writing. 63% to 83%
(I didn’t have a single project I was working on. I know I rebelled. If you count all of my chats, e-mails, lists, diary entries, blogs, fictional pieces. . . I have written over 60,000 words this month, which is good. I rocked my word count goal of 45,000.)
So minus some emotion issues and many distraction. . . (dumb cold/sinuses, I am talking to you.) I have done really well.
Back story: I am have several other hobbies besides writing. Cooking is one of them. I am a huge fan of Marcel Vigneron. I found some pictures and this what inspired me. This is a fictional flash piece. I have not been to his new restaurant WOLF yet. I want to . . . imagine what I could write about after I taste it.
PARK CITY, UT – JANUARY 23: Chef Marcel Vigneron showcases Samsung Black Stainless Steel home appliances in the Samsung Studio Café during the Sundance Festival 2016 on January 23, 2016 in Park City, Utah. (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images for Samsung)
Flash Fiction: Eatable Anticipation.
By: Rebekah Quinne
He searched and pondered to find a small piece of an exciting hope, of pure inspiration. . . He needed just to find a color, a smell, a single moment in which a spark of pure stimulation would help him to create artistic food that appeals to all of the senses.
He walked into the golden field to fall away from the pressure to simply to be one with nature. He wanted to connection with life of his food in hope his muses will bless him with the special touch. The wind blows just so lightly and it hit him . . . Use all of the food, and let it speak for itself.
He desired to tell the ultimate story with his food. He wanted his customers to never forget the moment that they did not just see art, but tasted it. He wanted them to have an experience with the food, not just another simple meal.
He wanted them to fall in love with the entire wholeness of each protein, vegetable, and fruit. He wanted them to experience the beauty of the colors for what they are . . . to see the pureness in the roots, the swipe of the stunning juice of the blushing vegetable. He wanted them to allow their palette to dance with the taste while the scent teased.
The circular lights may dim, the laughter may fade, but the realness of the experienced senses will be remembered. . .
Check out WOLF https://twitter.com/wolfdiningla
Dear Fellow Writers,
Camp NaNoWriMo is very helpful. http://campnanowrimo.org/
There is so much to do.
They have list of articles and links for resources, and on the forums I keep on my social skills.
I’m having so much fun but my cabin buddies say I’m loud and I snore!
Will we have more verbal drills . . . I need to go. They say there are some cute editors on the other side of the pond.
Your Fellow Writer