As most of you I’ve been writing is Camp Nanowrimo and this November I’m trying Nanowrimo for the 9th year.
I am writing a seven book series I’m calling Crimson Shadow Collection. There are about 75 vampires and this is the series is about their lives. I have been working on the set-up of this series since 2008-2009 I’m still stuck on book 2 even though I have many scenes for the other books written.
- 2010 The Whispering Path
- 2011 Driving Lies Book 1
- 2012 The Crimson Shadow Collection: Melzela, (on my Rebekah Wolveire account)
- 2012 Driving Lies Book 2
- 2013 Driving Lies Book 3
- 2014 The Crimson Shadow Collection: Daris started
- 2015 Pieces of me (It was a personal collection)
2010 to 2015 I won each year, writing over 50,000 words (I was with my ex back then)
2016 The Crimson Shadow Collection: Daris (between family drama and muses wanting to write scenes for book 3 to 7, I did not hit 50,000 words)
2017 The Broken Path (My location and exhaustion kept me 15,000 words short of my goal: it’s not finished, but on back burner)
2018 The Crimson Shadow Collection: Daris (I am determined to write and get my 50,000 words)
I’m working Daris again as there are notes, scenes for it everywhere on my flash drive but nothing is together in chapter form. I’m going to put it together.
My Nanowrimo page http://nanowrimo.org/participants/rebekah1213
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/rebekahquinne
My Twitter page http://www.twitter.com/rebekahquinne
I’ve been dealing with sleep apnea issues, (even when I do sleep, I feel like I barely slept. At times I live on 5 hour energy drink shots.)
I have anxiety (I have constant worry and current living situation has me on the edge. I also have what I can zombie insomnia, I can’t sleep, but I can’t focus, grrr. My living situation has me on extremely high anxiety over extreme cleaning in which furniture is to be moved vs timed issues.)
I have extreme mood swings because of this and my painful female issues.
These health issues can get in the way of true bliss. . .writing.
I’m hoping to get my notes organized while all of this cleaning going on. . . Just thinking about it drains me.
I love to blog, but usually during times of no blogs I’m doing one of two things.
- I’m fighting writers block, usually more blogs get written
- I’m working on writing projects
Lately it’s been a mixture can’t tell by September’s word count 80,627 (that’s everything from diaries, lists, bligs, stories, novel scenes, to notes)
This month, I’m working on notes for my Nanowrimo.org project. . . Crimson Shadow Collection: Book 2 Daris. My muses woke me up from a hard sleep at about a week ago, and I’ve been working on it since. Yay! Back to my dark world. . . The weirdest thing happened my mood swing have slowed down, and some days when I’m writing I feel less depressed and lonely.
I keep telling everyone I need to write and yet few really hear me.
On my personal blog http://beckyms1213blog.wordpress.com
I’m working on a personal blog self esteem project. . . New question daily. Learn something new from your dark writer. . .I got it from my favorite therapy site 7cups.com
Writing is my number 1 passion. I write short stories, poems, novels, and blogs. Genres I’m interested in are but not limited to . . . Horror, paranormal, occult, spiritual, romance, modern, suspense, thriller and drama. (I have worked with some erotica, but with another pen name.)
These are the links to all of Internet me (but the naughty part)
My WordPress blogs
I’m writing a few scene where my main character meets her favorite author. . . her author gave her tips.
I decided to post these tips. . . I either read about them or experience them myself. . .again write about what you know.
My main character is in Los Angeles and runs into her favorite author, and here are the tips I gave my main character wanting to be a future author.
- The first draft is always confusion, and never perfect. (Those who wrote a prefect rough draft, may throw an empty pen.) My first draft is always a chaotic mess. Check out picture above.
- Research and outlines or notes are just important because good research really does set up you up to make the best draft you can. Note: you never stop researching, even if you know the subject.)
- Write about what you know or are interested in. It will keep you interested if you like what you are writing about.
- When it comes to the first draft give yourself a time limit. . . . like 6 to 8 weeks. If you give yourself more than there is a high chance you’ll lose interest. Try to have research and outlines or notes written ahead. (Even if I lost interest, I never throw anything out. I file it away.)
- I have better times when I write and other times when I edit. I’m usually most inspired to write between the hours 5 pm to 3 am especially if I am working on horror or paranormal stories. I usually edit the best between the times 8 am and 2 pm.
- When I edit and rewrite, I pull apart each scenes and I determine if that scene is important for character building or storyline.
- I reread my work out loud while editing.
- I give my self goals and rewards for editing, because I hate editing compared to writing.
- I keep praises.
- I try to criticizing words with a grain of salt. I know not everyone is going to like my work.
- Word count by December 31, 2018 (400,000 note: up to date I’m at 160,788 just 240,212 to go.)
Finish “Driving Lies“
- Work on getting a daily word count of 3000
- Work on wattpad account https://www.wattpad.com/user/RebekahQuinne
- Write more short stories http://rqshortstories.wordpress.com
- Publish something
- Work on personal project
- Enter a few writing contests
- Post up to 200 blogs this year (among all my blogs)
Succeed in camp Nanowrimo April 30k
- Succeed in camp Nanowrimo July 30k
- Succeed in Nanowrimo November 50k
Note: 30k and 50k are preferring to thousands in word count.
I plan to continue my writing project from Camp Nanowrimo July 2017.
I’m giving myself the goal of 30,000 words in 30 days. I did it in April. I can do it again.
I have to reread my previous work, notes, and outlines. I know my characters too well.
If this project goes the way I want. . . I will have a short story project for 50,000 wod goal for Nanowrimo in November.