I’m writing a few scene where my main character meets her favorite author. . . her author gave her tips.
I decided to post these tips. . . I either read about them or experience them myself. . .again write about what you know.
My main character is in Los Angeles and runs into her favorite author, and here are the tips I gave my main character wanting to be a future author.
- The first draft is always confusion, and never perfect. (Those who wrote a prefect rough draft, may throw an empty pen.) My first draft is always a chaotic mess. Check out picture above.
- Research and outlines or notes are just important because good research really does set up you up to make the best draft you can. Note: you never stop researching, even if you know the subject.)
- Write about what you know or are interested in. It will keep you interested if you like what you are writing about.
- When it comes to the first draft give yourself a time limit. . . . like 6 to 8 weeks. If you give yourself more than there is a high chance you’ll lose interest. Try to have research and outlines or notes written ahead. (Even if I lost interest, I never throw anything out. I file it away.)
- I have better times when I write and other times when I edit. I’m usually most inspired to write between the hours 5 pm to 3 am especially if I am working on horror or paranormal stories. I usually edit the best between the times 8 am and 2 pm.
- When I edit and rewrite, I pull apart each scenes and I determine if that scene is important for character building or storyline.
- I reread my work out loud while editing.
- I give my self goals and rewards for editing, because I hate editing compared to writing.
- I keep praises.
- I try to criticizing words with a grain of salt. I know not everyone is going to like my work.
- Word count by December 31, 2018 (400,000 note: up to date I’m at 160,788 just 240,212 to go.)
Finish “Driving Lies“
- Work on getting a daily word count of 3000
- Work on wattpad account https://www.wattpad.com/user/RebekahQuinne
- Write more short stories http://rqshortstories.wordpress.com
- Publish something
- Work on personal project
- Enter a few writing contests
- Post up to 200 blogs this year (among all my blogs)
Succeed in camp Nanowrimo April 30k
- Succeed in camp Nanowrimo July 30k
- Succeed in Nanowrimo November 50k
Note: 30k and 50k are preferring to thousands in word count.
I plan to continue my writing project from Camp Nanowrimo July 2017.
I’m giving myself the goal of 30,000 words in 30 days. I did it in April. I can do it again.
I have to reread my previous work, notes, and outlines. I know my characters too well.
If this project goes the way I want. . . I will have a short story project for 50,000 wod goal for Nanowrimo in November.
I’m writing an adult piece since most of my muses keep pushing that way.
I working on the title.
I plan to publish but not under this pen name.
My goal is 30,000 word by April 30th which is 1,000 per day. Its a reasonable goal with my health.
I’m writing my colored notes and outline now.
Good luck to my fellow writers.
I haven’t been on as I have been writing Short Stories.
I have been writing over 7,000 words in the last 80 hours . . . it’s a good pick up from being in a writer’s back from October to January and part of February. However I have so many idea for erotica. So my muses Zoe and Starre have been very busy.
However I plan to write next month . . . doing Camp NaNoWriMo . . .
November is National Novel Writing Month,I’ve won 8 out of 10 years.
I set next month for 30,000 words, which is a 1,000 per day. I believe I can do that.
Now I need to
- List all ideas I want to work with
- Cut list down
- Outline and notes to each ideas
- Research what I don’t know.
I am hoping to write book of adult short stories, and I hope to sell it.
I have gotten so many positive reviews saying that I am good writer so I hope to make a living with it.
However I will be publishing in another pen name still working on it.
I wanted to work on this dragon story for my brothers. I used Tom tell them stories at bed time. The stories were about Star wars, dragons, Harry Potter etc. Whatever story I made up, I would put them in it. I would make my special effects, sounds and I would add some humor relief.
I always wanted to write a story about dragons and add them in it. . . Bring my brothers to my created world.
However my sci-fi and fantasy muse Luna, is not that loud, busy or strong. . . Not confident as those are not my natural genres. It hard for me to get that genre because I have my head filled with horror, thriller, paranormal, drama, romance, and erotica. (My muses really have been pushing the drama and erotica.)
I guess I just miss my brothers. . . I know my inspiration will lead back if I am truly meant to write it. . . But I can’t even figure out a villain or an outline.
I feel it’s not right to fight it. I’m not giving up, but it needs to simmer in the inspiration pot some more. I learned when I push work, especially writing, I just end up stuck, in a writer’s block.
I’m just going to give my muses a chance to lead me for a while.
I’m so excited that on Thursday night I finished my thriller novella trilogy called “Driving Lies.”
It’s been a working project since 2011. I started it on my third Nanowrimo.
It was based on a script I started in high school. I took the scenes I liked the best and retweaked them.
The last five chapters of book 3 are hand written as my laptop is down again. . . It’s like a lemon of a car. Sigh. Now my writing hand is swollen and sore. . . I probably have carpal tunnel syndrome.
So I’m giving myself a few days off for some major writing. I think I deserved it.
I’m excited and disappointed that it’s finished. . . At least draft one.
I know I will lots of editing and rewrites, but I feel like my favorite part of the process is done. Sighs.
Now to edit once a week, and a new project.
I just hope get it published and for the rest of the world to read by early next year. I hope they enjoy it.
I have to thank my muses for not shuttingbup or stopping even when I was in pain. I got so much accomplished.