If I was in a cafe with my current characters this what they and I would order. . .
Me (author Rebekah): iced mocha or hot orange green tea
My muses order is on this blog my muses coffee order
Lucy: hot mocha with orange juice
Valin: coffee with caramel creamers and orange juice
Lyric: coffee black, water
Paige: coffee with cream and two sugars
Vincent: just orange juice (adds a shot of vodka)
Verona: latte with steamed cream and caramel with bubbly water
Autumn: iced caramel latte or green tea
September 2017 to do list
- Help mom with a professional letter for a grant
- Finish reading “Greg” by James
- Finish my novella trilogy Driving Lies
- Finish part 1 therapy story The Broken Path part 1 ghost stories
- 3 erotica short stories
- Work on unicorn story online and character sketches
- Write 3 personal blogs per week http://beckyms1213blog.wordpress.com
- Write one spiritual blog per week http://spiritualbeck.wordpress.com
- One to Two writing blogs per week. (posted here)
- Work on fantasy football team
Finish my catfish story
I am going to a Therapist. . . I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety.
I usually write in misery; it helps with conflict. However there are times where my depression is so bad I have to fight with it to just get out bed. . . so getting discipline and motivation to write are sometimes near impossible to me.
I feel currently I am in a Sonic The Hedgehog game, “the casino level” where I am stuck in a valley of the bouncy wedges. You try to get out, but you bounce right back in the damn valley.
I feel like that now. . . I help out, something goes good, I help some more, something gets screwed up and I am back in the damn valley. Grrrrr.
It’s hard to write when I feel personally stuck.
A lot has gone on within the last six months. I will post more about that on my personal site. http://beckyms1213blog.wordpress.com
However I am here because I am struggling, but I count each word, each sentence, and each page full of words a victory.
I really wish I could just write without this damn gray cloud over my head.
I just really feel discouraged. I want to feel productive, but I just feel like an empty drone in everyone’s way. I feel like my pen’s ink will dry up while I untangle my thoughts.
I hope my characters are not suffering like I am.
I appreciate the inspiration and motivation where I can get it.
I am very happy that many people are liking my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Rebekahquinne
and liking this blog. . .
I hope to post a few pieces this weekend.
What is going on. . .
- I have been helping friends with babysitting and remodeling their house when I am not writing.
- I’m also very addicted to coffee.
- However now I am working not one but two projects. They are quite the opposite in style. I would call one an erotic thriller, and the other a bloody epic tale.
- I also am trying to discipline myself to make sure I write something everyday and get to post on this blog at least once a week.
- I’m also trying to read and research more.
- I have been and I still am working on recovering from some personal issues. It’s been a rough six months. I hope to write a story or two from it.
I’m giving myself daily goals. . .
- Excerise daily (whether it’s you tube or just a walk)
- Write something everyday
- Read something everyday
- Eat better
2016 was a very challenging year. I felt really stuck and trapped this year, so I really didn’t feel I accomplished that much. I mean I didn’t even finish a book: writing or reading. However I have learned a lot about myself.
Things I accomplished in 2016.
- I wrote over 50 blogs in this page. (140 blogs throughout all of my pages).Links to my other blogs
- I have at least 15 followers. ( I hope I have entertained and help some follow writers. I also to get more this year.)
- I written over 225,000 words ( I know not quite the goal of 500,000, but not bad with all I have gone through.)
- I started Book 2 in my vampire series. (However due to some emotional issues; it is on the back burner for a while.)
- I have written two diaries this year.
Things I have learned in 2016
- I have figured out some of my muses. https://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/introduction-my-muses/
- I realized that winning NaNoWriMo doesn’t stop the world. It isn’t everything. (Bit does feel good when I win. I’m sad because they don’t work with http://www.createspace.com anymore.)
- I write really well in chaos, especially while visiting in the hospital. (I’m even there now.)
- I write way more than I edit.
- I am more of an adder than a cutter when it comes to words.
- I can not write well around who don’t support it.
- I was suggested to put my paranormal/horror/occult genres aside for a while. . . (until I figure the source of my depression and anxiety.)
- I will still write even though many people think I write too much.
- I give myself much more ambitious goals than I can achieve. (for example: write 500,000 words.) I plan to push it down to 300,000 words in 2017.
- It has been a very emotional year for my muses and I.
- I was easily distracted this year.
- I rather edit than clean.
- I need to realize that writing is for me. It is a good expression of therapy for me.
- I had a therapy book and/or release book before I started therapy.
- The people I looked up to were the ones who seem to criticize when I wrote a lot.
If you are on Facebook, like my page. . . just click here: Rebekah Quinne
I keep updates of what is doing on in my life. I also add links to this page.
My Writing Goals Vs Reality
I just posted that I want 60,000 to 70,000 words by November 30th. https://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/2016/10/27/nanowrimo-2016-goals/
When in reality, I am barely averaging 500 words per day.
500 times 30 equals 15,000 words (only about 30%)
My problems is I have many more challenges this year. . .
- My daily to-do list (Cleaning, and dealing with the cats, but it takes a good portion of the day)*
- Errands: Pay bills, shopping, getting things together etc
- Getting Interrupted “Becky, do this. . .” “Becky did you do that?” “Becky stand on your head.”etc
- Time with my boyfriend
- Time with my friends
- And a new family member.
*Average to-do list. . .
- (Get Up)
- Feed Dog
- Let Dog out
- Give Callie (Cat) her heart med
- Give Callie her ear med
- Give Callie her pain med
- Give Elmo (Cat) his special treat for upper respiratory issues.
- Feed Outdoor cats
- Sweep bathroom
- Cat Litter room 1
- Cat litter room 2
- Take blood sugar
- Let Dog out again
- Errands: (can be up to 4 hours we’re gone)
- If home, do laundry or clean room or basement
- Help with dinner: cook
- Clean kitchen
- Feed indoor cats
- (I also can add clean bathroom, pet water, food bowls, replace litter etc at least twice each week)
Then if I have everything thing done
I just hope I get energy to get everything done.