Every year in Nanowrimo forums they always ask you what is your survival list. . . Things you need to get through the month of writing your Camp Nanowrimo project.
- Character sketches
Most of this is my notebooks
- Colorful pens
- Tyneol (between hand cramps and headache)
- Empty notebooks
- Backpack (so I can take my writing every where I go.)
As I am writing 30,000 words by hand
- Calendar (for word count and appointment)
- Coffee with my creamer
- Caffeinated soda (I write weird hours)
- Candy or a treat (word sprints can wear you out)
- Timer or clock for word sprints
- Mom to go on walks with. . . (Too much writing can strain my eyes)
I’m keeping it simple this year.
- Word count by December 31, 2018 (400,000 note: up to date I’m at 160,788 just 240,212 to go.)
Finish “Driving Lies“
- Work on getting a daily word count of 3000
- Work on wattpad account https://www.wattpad.com/user/RebekahQuinne
- Write more short stories http://rqshortstories.wordpress.com
- Publish something
- Work on personal project
- Enter a few writing contests
- Post up to 200 blogs this year (among all my blogs)
Succeed in camp Nanowrimo April 30k
- Succeed in camp Nanowrimo July 30k
- Succeed in Nanowrimo November 50k
Note: 30k and 50k are preferring to thousands in word count.
I haven’t been on as I have been writing Short Stories.
I have been writing over 7,000 words in the last 80 hours . . . it’s a good pick up from being in a writer’s back from October to January and part of February. However I have so many idea for erotica. So my muses Zoe and Starre have been very busy.
However I plan to write next month . . . doing Camp NaNoWriMo . . .
November is National Novel Writing Month,I’ve won 8 out of 10 years.
I set next month for 30,000 words, which is a 1,000 per day. I believe I can do that.
Now I need to
- List all ideas I want to work with
- Cut list down
- Outline and notes to each ideas
- Research what I don’t know.
I am hoping to write book of adult short stories, and I hope to sell it.
I have gotten so many positive reviews saying that I am good writer so I hope to make a living with it.
However I will be publishing in another pen name still working on it.
I’m so excited that on Thursday night I finished my thriller novella trilogy called “Driving Lies.”
It’s been a working project since 2011. I started it on my third Nanowrimo.
It was based on a script I started in high school. I took the scenes I liked the best and retweaked them.
The last five chapters of book 3 are hand written as my laptop is down again. . . It’s like a lemon of a car. Sigh. Now my writing hand is swollen and sore. . . I probably have carpal tunnel syndrome.
So I’m giving myself a few days off for some major writing. I think I deserved it.
I’m excited and disappointed that it’s finished. . . At least draft one.
I know I will lots of editing and rewrites, but I feel like my favorite part of the process is done. Sighs.
Now to edit once a week, and a new project.
I just hope get it published and for the rest of the world to read by early next year. I hope they enjoy it.
I have to thank my muses for not shuttingbup or stopping even when I was in pain. I got so much accomplished.
I am about to work on a project. . .in which I only have one more chapter to finish it.
It’s a thriller novella trilogy. I started it in 2009, so I probably should finish soon.
I need the tie everything together, and make the ending so big, it’s epic.
My muses already have add on, but I need to finish it before the editing: adding, subtracting, and rewrites.
Chuck from the show Supernatural said “Endings are hard.”
I hate endings and I saying “good bye.”
I so much better at the beginning. However deadlines and pressure have always been the reason why I push the ending. I’m never happy doing it, it just has to be done.
It’s so much better than just stopping. . . Leaving everyone hanging. That is irrating.
My schedule for next few weeks.
- Reread the last few chapter.
- Outline main points and tying issues
- Work on last chapter
My goal is to have it finished by Feburary 28th. Driving Lies will be finished.
“And I’m writing, damn it!”
It is 3:48am, and I’m sacrificing sleep for my true bliss . . . One hour of undisturbed block of writing. It is just my blogs but it is bliss.
- No one interrupting me just to purposely step on my nerve.
- No one asking if I am ok after I growl at previous person.
- No one asking me to cook or make coffee.
- No one complaining about some trivial thing.
- No one giving me a random sports or video game piece of info I’ll never use.
Just me with my endless head.
Between lack of comfort, lack of machinery, depression, and no lights on at night, I haven’t been writing. Even now I have a creak in my neck, but I am getting some of my blogs done.
This weekend my goal is to write three short stories . . . One must be a holiday story.
Now I must get some sleep.