I am very happy that many people are liking my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Rebekahquinne
and liking this blog. . .
I hope to post a few pieces this weekend.
What is going on. . .
- I have been helping friends with babysitting and remodeling their house when I am not writing.
- I’m also very addicted to coffee.
- However now I am working not one but two projects. They are quite the opposite in style. I would call one an erotic thriller, and the other a bloody epic tale.
- I also am trying to discipline myself to make sure I write something everyday and get to post on this blog at least once a week.
- I’m also trying to read and research more.
- I have been and I still am working on recovering from some personal issues. It’s been a rough six months. I hope to write a story or two from it.
I’m giving myself daily goals. . .
- Excerise daily (whether it’s you tube or just a walk)
- Write something everyday
- Read something everyday
- Eat better
I have read two books in the last 12 days and wrote 9277 words in the last 5 days.
I just hope I can keep this up. I want to get all of the parts done.
I have changed my genre to thriller/ drama/ and adult romance.
I hope to go back to paranormal, but not at the moment.
Writing Goals for 2017
- I want to write 1 to 4 hour (averaging at 2.5).
- I want to give myself 3 to 10 (20 minutes) word sprints daily (averaging 5)
- I want to finish old projects.
- I want to work on some new project ideas.
- I want to explore new genres.
- I want to get some short stories published.
- I want to write 200 blogs (over all of my blogs)
- I want to write about my depression and anxiety.
- I want to enter some contests. (Including Camp NaNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo)
- I know I NEED to edit several projects.
- I just want to write something everyday.
- I want to write more books reviews.
- I want to read more. (2 books a month.)
New Project Ideas
- Adult works
- Blog Prompts
- Story Prompts
- Writing Tips
- Anxiety and depression ideas
- Diabetes project
- Character video project
Projects that I need to Finish
- Love Need Time (rewrite novel idea)
- Hero project (comic idea)
- DWAG (online soap opera)
- College story
- Driving Lies part 3
Projects I need to edit
- The Whisper Path
- Darken Cake
- Many short stories
- Driving Lies Parts 1 & 2
Encouragement for writing
I can in encourage others very well. I am a good fluffy cheerleader. However I am horrible at encouraging myself. I am writing this for myself and others.
Writing is about having fun. You should be enjoying what you are doing. You may not enjoy all aspects of writing, but you like something about it . . . if so then why are you doing it?
Do NOT let others discourage you!
- Writing is not a fad or fetish.
- You do NOT write too much.
- It is NOT a stupid hobby.
If you have error simply correct it. We are only human.
- Think of it this way, even the most harsh, bitter critics secretly want to help.
- Do not take criticism so personally.
- If you make a mistake, then fix it.
- Not everyone with like your work.
- The brain is a muscle you must exercise it to keep it running.
- Prompts are good.
- Draft #1 is not perfection.
- Some authors edit dozens of times before it gets in the publishers hands.
- Write short stories, poetry, blogs. . . just keep writing.
Books are your friend.
- Read as much as you can.
- Read books in the genre your writing.
The writing process is a journey.
- Some may be a head of you. Some may behind you.
- Just because someone else has a book or ten published, it does not mean your book is any less or that you are too slow.
Focus on your own work.
- There are many distractions out there.
- There are many discouraging things.
- Stay focused. YOU CAN DO IT!
In order not to get overwhelmed divide your book into small goals.
- So many words per week
- Or a chapter per ten days.
- Remember NOT everyone will enjoy your work.
Focus on the story you want to tell.
Version A is for you. Version B is for everyone else.
Now tell yourself.
- I am a writer.
- I enjoy what I do.
- I write because I have story to tell.
- I write, because I have fun.
- I will become better with practice.
- I will give myself goals.
- I will achieve those goals.
- I can write a book.
I love to have fun and be a kid at heart, but that is not paying the bills.
I like to think that I am pretty professional on this blog.
I try to use my experience and links I find to help others.
I hope to be encouraging and give other effective tips.
However my audience isn’t that big.
I am not sure how much of difference I am making.
I hope to improve that in 2017.
I also hope to get something published next year.
I seem to give myself goals and yet I get discouraged and dishearten from it and usually fall short.
I refuse to fall short of my goals next year.
I am going to try to take myself and my writings more seriously.
2017 is going to be my year!
Dear Creative Santa,
I have tried to be a good writer (minus a few discouraging people and distractions). I tried to write something every day. I try to keep my brain working.
I ask for several things this year.
- Motivation . . . I need to get some willpower and write. (Even when I have writer’s block.)
- Inspiration . . . please let me see the world in a new light.
- 300,000 word count. I know I gave myself too high of goal in 2016, but may 2017 be a productive year.
I would also like to be published this year, but I am just taking things one at a time.
Thank you for everything I have experienced this year, and maybe I could use it in a story or two.
Enjoy the cookies.
From a Hopeful, Soon to be published Writer
Okay. . . short rant. . . I had two days into NaNoWrimo (3558 words written) and my characters goes it sound better in first person. (Which had changed all of my notes in first person into third person so that I could write in 3rd person.) Wednesday night he goes it sound better and personal in first. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
So last night I tweaked all of my chapter into first person. I also add some stuff and got 1300 extra words.
Now I am at 6217. . . just about 450 words away from today word count which is good. It is staying in first person.
My boyfriend has been seriously helping me. . . motivating me. I have been getting at least two to three hours in to write every evening.
I need to clean my room, and work on scene list for tonight. So far it has been nice, but I still see things happening this month, and I need to get somewhat a head.