I had plans for writing everyday and post a bunch of blogs. . . it has not happened because as of Dec 30th circumstances had changed.
I hope to get things back to my goals soon, but for now please be patient with me. (I think I am writing this more for myself than my few, wonderful readers.)
Many of my friends on here have been asking about me. . . I am currently numb. I just helped an ex (who was still a good friend of mine) he had gotten a liver transplant in August and was good until his sudden death a week ago. I am still trying to spin my head around this.
It started with an exploratory surgery and ended 14 days later with my ex (still a good friend) dying of cancer of his new liver, in his stomach, and lymph nodes.
I just don’t understand, I was talking to him, watching him work on physical therapy one day and two days later in tears as they announced time of death.
I had been blocked because I had been busy going back and forth from ICU to my appointments and such . . . I little time to think clearly. Now I have time, I’m just stunned.
I due plan to continue with writing, but I just do NOT know how fast it will be. (He would have wanted me to never stop my writing. I hope that he’ll be my inspiration.)
2016 was a very challenging year. I felt really stuck and trapped this year, so I really didn’t feel I accomplished that much. I mean I didn’t even finish a book: writing or reading. However I have learned a lot about myself.
Things I accomplished in 2016.
- I wrote over 50 blogs in this page. (140 blogs throughout all of my pages).Links to my other blogs
- I have at least 15 followers. ( I hope I have entertained and help some follow writers. I also to get more this year.)
- I written over 225,000 words ( I know not quite the goal of 500,000, but not bad with all I have gone through.)
- I started Book 2 in my vampire series. (However due to some emotional issues; it is on the back burner for a while.)
- I have written two diaries this year.
Things I have learned in 2016
- I have figured out some of my muses. https://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/introduction-my-muses/
- I realized that winning NaNoWriMo doesn’t stop the world. It isn’t everything. (Bit does feel good when I win. I’m sad because they don’t work with http://www.createspace.com anymore.)
- I write really well in chaos, especially while visiting in the hospital. (I’m even there now.)
- I write way more than I edit.
- I am more of an adder than a cutter when it comes to words.
- I can not write well around who don’t support it.
- I was suggested to put my paranormal/horror/occult genres aside for a while. . . (until I figure the source of my depression and anxiety.)
- I will still write even though many people think I write too much.
- I give myself much more ambitious goals than I can achieve. (for example: write 500,000 words.) I plan to push it down to 300,000 words in 2017.
- It has been a very emotional year for my muses and I.
- I was easily distracted this year.
- I rather edit than clean.
- I need to realize that writing is for me. It is a good expression of therapy for me.
- I had a therapy book and/or release book before I started therapy.
- The people I looked up to were the ones who seem to criticize when I wrote a lot.
This is the first time in six years I am not going to finish NaNoWriMo. I had 13,955 words.
I had some person issue come to surface, and my novel for (NaNo) is getting put on the back burner. I have been professional advised to change genres (from horror and genre) until I get my personal issues figured out.
I do feel dishearten and discouraged about it, but I need to focus on some issues and clear out the cobwebs. I will be writing everyday, I was told to which is awesome. I’m just trying my focus.
I hope that next year or even my Camp NaNo I will be ready to write again.
I have no stopped writing; in fact, I have been encouraged to keep writing. I will also be keeping this blog going when I can.
Please keep reading and writing.
My Writing Goals Vs Reality
I just posted that I want 60,000 to 70,000 words by November 30th. https://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/2016/10/27/nanowrimo-2016-goals/
When in reality, I am barely averaging 500 words per day.
500 times 30 equals 15,000 words (only about 30%)
My problems is I have many more challenges this year. . .
- My daily to-do list (Cleaning, and dealing with the cats, but it takes a good portion of the day)*
- Errands: Pay bills, shopping, getting things together etc
- Getting Interrupted “Becky, do this. . .” “Becky did you do that?” “Becky stand on your head.”etc
- Time with my boyfriend
- Time with my friends
- And a new family member.
*Average to-do list. . .
- (Get Up)
- Feed Dog
- Let Dog out
- Give Callie (Cat) her heart med
- Give Callie her ear med
- Give Callie her pain med
- Give Elmo (Cat) his special treat for upper respiratory issues.
- Feed Outdoor cats
- Sweep bathroom
- Cat Litter room 1
- Cat litter room 2
- Take blood sugar
- Let Dog out again
- Errands: (can be up to 4 hours we’re gone)
- If home, do laundry or clean room or basement
- Help with dinner: cook
- Clean kitchen
- Feed indoor cats
- (I also can add clean bathroom, pet water, food bowls, replace litter etc at least twice each week)
Then if I have everything thing done
I just hope I get energy to get everything done.
Writer Vs Non-supporters
It is really hard to write when you live with non-supporters!
I’ve been told…
- “You write too much!”
- “Writing is overrated.”
- “Books are going obsolete.”
- “Stop writing and do something worth your time!”
- “Vampires & ghosts have been overdone.”
- “Your grammar sucks!”
- “Why try?”
- “There is no way you will finish a book.” (This one for reading and writing)
- “You are wasting your time!”
- “Writing is unstable!”
- “You cannot make money from writing!”
- “If you have no money, then you might as well quit mow. You cannot write a book without money.”
It’s hard to win get started when you feel like you are set up to fail. They made me feel like a failure, and like I will never succeed. How do I know if I can climb the mountain, unless I try to climb it first?
This does not help my depression and anxiety that they know I have. I also get mix emotions when they get me a computer with a pen with it, but complain whom I am on it too much . . .go figure!
There is something I have learned (beside my hatred for cleaning) . . . I’ve learned that I can clean the whole house: make everything freaking sparkle, make a seven course meal, serve the meal to lots of guests (which also makes me anxious) and do errands, clean up after those guests, and pay all of the bills… BUT if I did NOT write that day, I felt unproductive!
To me writing isn’t just telling a story to someone:
- It is expressing myself and giving the readers a little piece of me.
- It’s also my therapy as page listens way better than most noisy people.
- It is also my escape and my hope.
- It is my creation.
To those who do NOT support me writing, then you do NOT know me. I’m a good person, and I have been writing for over 25 years; I do NOT think it is a waste. Then you might as well say that all of my education was a waste too, and I think it was not. If you want to drop me, leave and stop supporting me, fine. I’m sorry for lost, but not the fact that you’ll probably be victims in my next novels . . . * evil laugh with lighting in the background*
Why I am dancing with Dean Winchester (AKA Jensen Ackles)?
Because it’s NANOWRIMO TIME. YAY!!!! (And he’s good looking.)
The time of year where I get ready to write, write, and write some more. I am truly at my element when I am writing.
I will be working on Book 2 of my vampire series Crimson Shadows.
I am getting all of my outlines and notes together just after I post this.
To be writing buddies. . . this is my profile. http://nanowrimo.org/participants/rebekah1213
I have a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RebekahQuinne
I got a message (this hasn’t been the first one), in which someone was selling cover art or editing suggestions. If I had the extra money at this moment, I have to many bills and housing issues it would go to. However I am sure there are many other writers and artists that can benefit from suggest services.
So I am making an event and tying this page to it. . . I am making an Advertise Day.
Advertising Day. . . if you are writer, blogger, editor, publisher, cover artist, or anything else that has to do with writing and art . . . this is the day for you. I am letting you get your name out there.
Post your links on there, or message me and I will post them on here, my blog, and my page.