First of all, this is not advice, because deep down 90% of people never take the advice when someone gives it anyway.
Secondly, I writing this blog more for myself (self talk), but if it helps others . . . awesome!
My suggestion: Focus on your own writings.
Do not worry if some self-published writer had 60 novels and three amazon awards.
(It doesn’t make you any less of a writer.)
Just say congrads and if they have a book give away, read it and see what the hype is. (Note: They might not even be in your genres.)
Write down your goals and dreams and focus on what you want to do for you.
Be happy when you even get one fan (that is not a friend or family, who would say that you are good no matter what. . . And thank your family for their support and putting up with you. . . you can get cranky interrupted from your writing mode. )
Enjoy the compliments. (Say thank you and focus back into your work)
Use the criticism to help your work. (Remember not everyone is going to enjoy your work. Focus on your target audience, once your figure out who they are.)
Stop comparing your work to others.
Your work is different and your fans enjoy work.
Focus and you can make your dreams come true!
I wrote 30,691 words on Camp NaNoWriMo. I wish I wrote more, but I’ve been battling with my muses.
So I decided to write some personal articles.
(Since my mom is getting hernia surgery this month, I’m using this to write and learn about myself and be a distraction.)
I will be posting on these blogs
Please read and enjoy.
I wanted to work on this dragon story for my brothers. I used Tom tell them stories at bed time. The stories were about Star wars, dragons, Harry Potter etc. Whatever story I made up, I would put them in it. I would make my special effects, sounds and I would add some humor relief.
I always wanted to write a story about dragons and add them in it. . . Bring my brothers to my created world.
However my sci-fi and fantasy muse Luna, is not that loud, busy or strong. . . Not confident as those are not my natural genres. It hard for me to get that genre because I have my head filled with horror, thriller, paranormal, drama, romance, and erotica. (My muses really have been pushing the drama and erotica.)
I guess I just miss my brothers. . . I know my inspiration will lead back if I am truly meant to write it. . . But I can’t even figure out a villain or an outline.
I feel it’s not right to fight it. I’m not giving up, but it needs to simmer in the inspiration pot some more. I learned when I push work, especially writing, I just end up stuck, in a writer’s block.
I’m just going to give my muses a chance to lead me for a while.
September 2017 to do list
- Help mom with a professional letter for a grant
- Finish reading “Greg” by James
- Finish my novella trilogy Driving Lies
- Finish part 1 therapy story The Broken Path part 1 ghost stories
- 3 erotica short stories
- Work on unicorn story online and character sketches
- Write 3 personal blogs per week http://beckyms1213blog.wordpress.com
- Write one spiritual blog per week http://spiritualbeck.wordpress.com
- One to Two writing blogs per week. (posted here)
- Work on fantasy football team
Finish my catfish story
Today has been first day in a week, I have written. It was touch and go, because to be honest I lost my first 2500 words. I was frustrated, but I laughed and worked through it.
I have to give some credit to mom . . . She has dealt with all of my mood swings and yet she is still pushing me to write even with her tablet while my computer collects dust.
She wants me to get to my writing goal so I can treat myself with notebooks, pens (which she borrows) and cups.
My camp nanowrimo goal 35k. If I reach 30k I will be content to allow myself to get my notebooks and pens at school time prices. If I get to my 35k I will get myself a travel cup as well. However I have four days to go to 22k to 35k . . . Can I do it?
My word count is really behind by 3500 by now. . . (I’m still over 22k out of 35k). My problem is with my health issues and errands, I get exhausted so easily. I mention this a lot in my personal blog. (my personal blog)
Even now I have a headache, but I am working through it.
The thing is this project is a therapy project it is taking a lot out of me, and I haven’t even gotten to the meat of the issues yet. Then add the issues that I am currently doing with, I’m not sure if I am going to actually finish my word count. This project was done by hand too.
Issues going on
- Dealing with negative family members
- Lack of motivation (depression and exhaustion)
- Panic and anxiety attacks
- Hormone issues (solitude vs feeling lonely)
- Nightmares vs weird dreams
- Insomnia (feel like a zombie)
- Stomach issues (yes, I need to get to the doctor.)
I am very happy that many people are liking my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Rebekahquinne
and liking this blog. . .
I hope to post a few pieces this weekend.
What is going on. . .
- I have been helping friends with babysitting and remodeling their house when I am not writing.
- I’m also very addicted to coffee.
- However now I am working not one but two projects. They are quite the opposite in style. I would call one an erotic thriller, and the other a bloody epic tale.
- I also am trying to discipline myself to make sure I write something everyday and get to post on this blog at least once a week.
- I’m also trying to read and research more.
- I have been and I still am working on recovering from some personal issues. It’s been a rough six months. I hope to write a story or two from it.
I’m giving myself daily goals. . .
- Excerise daily (whether it’s you tube or just a walk)
- Write something everyday
- Read something everyday
- Eat better