2016 was a very challenging year. I felt really stuck and trapped this year, so I really didn’t feel I accomplished that much. I mean I didn’t even finish a book: writing or reading. However I have learned a lot about myself.
Things I accomplished in 2016.
- I wrote over 50 blogs in this page. (140 blogs throughout all of my pages).Links to my other blogs
- I have at least 15 followers. ( I hope I have entertained and help some follow writers. I also to get more this year.)
- I written over 225,000 words ( I know not quite the goal of 500,000, but not bad with all I have gone through.)
- I started Book 2 in my vampire series. (However due to some emotional issues; it is on the back burner for a while.)
- I have written two diaries this year.
Things I have learned in 2016
- I have figured out some of my muses. https://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/introduction-my-muses/
- I realized that winning NaNoWriMo doesn’t stop the world. It isn’t everything. (Bit does feel good when I win. I’m sad because they don’t work with http://www.createspace.com anymore.)
- I write really well in chaos, especially while visiting in the hospital. (I’m even there now.)
- I write way more than I edit.
- I am more of an adder than a cutter when it comes to words.
- I can not write well around who don’t support it.
- I was suggested to put my paranormal/horror/occult genres aside for a while. . . (until I figure the source of my depression and anxiety.)
- I will still write even though many people think I write too much.
- I give myself much more ambitious goals than I can achieve. (for example: write 500,000 words.) I plan to push it down to 300,000 words in 2017.
- It has been a very emotional year for my muses and I.
- I was easily distracted this year.
- I rather edit than clean.
- I need to realize that writing is for me. It is a good expression of therapy for me.
- I had a therapy book and/or release book before I started therapy.
- The people I looked up to were the ones who seem to criticize when I wrote a lot.