Writer Vs Non-supporters
It is really hard to write when you live with non-supporters!
I’ve been told…
- “You write too much!”
- “Writing is overrated.”
- “Books are going obsolete.”
- “Stop writing and do something worth your time!”
- “Vampires & ghosts have been overdone.”
- “Your grammar sucks!”
- “Why try?”
- “There is no way you will finish a book.” (This one for reading and writing)
- “You are wasting your time!”
- “Writing is unstable!”
- “You cannot make money from writing!”
- “If you have no money, then you might as well quit mow. You cannot write a book without money.”
It’s hard to win get started when you feel like you are set up to fail. They made me feel like a failure, and like I will never succeed. How do I know if I can climb the mountain, unless I try to climb it first?
This does not help my depression and anxiety that they know I have. I also get mix emotions when they get me a computer with a pen with it, but complain whom I am on it too much . . .go figure!
There is something I have learned (beside my hatred for cleaning) . . . I’ve learned that I can clean the whole house: make everything freaking sparkle, make a seven course meal, serve the meal to lots of guests (which also makes me anxious) and do errands, clean up after those guests, and pay all of the bills… BUT if I did NOT write that day, I felt unproductive!
To me writing isn’t just telling a story to someone:
- It is expressing myself and giving the readers a little piece of me.
- It’s also my therapy as page listens way better than most noisy people.
- It is also my escape and my hope.
- It is my creation.
To those who do NOT support me writing, then you do NOT know me. I’m a good person, and I have been writing for over 25 years; I do NOT think it is a waste. Then you might as well say that all of my education was a waste too, and I think it was not. If you want to drop me, leave and stop supporting me, fine. I’m sorry for lost, but not the fact that you’ll probably be victims in my next novels . . . * evil laugh with lighting in the background*